THE VISITORS, Rebecca Mascull’s debut novel, is published today in paperback! Here is another exclusive extract from her beautiful book. We hope you enjoy it…
I dress with care. I insist I do my own hair but ensure it is carefully checked by Lottie. We walk down to the hop garden and find the…
August 27th 6.30-7.30pm Waterstones Lincoln High Street - I’ll be there - will you?! All you need do is pop into the shop and reserve your ticket or telephone 01522 540011 to have a ticket put aside for you.
There’ll be a reading from THE VISITORS, author Q & A, paperback book sales and an opportunity to have your book signed by the author.
So, come to the beautiful cathedral city of Lincoln, talk books a while and get the perfect summer read or gift for a friend. Hope to see you there.
9th August 1 - 3pm I’ll be at Waterstones in Grimsby, signing copies of the newly released paperback of THE VISITORS. Come along and get your copy signed with a personal message. Perfect summer read or presents for friends and family.
Unit G - Baxtergate
Telephone: 01472 353212
Hope to see you there. :-)
Details of an evening author event at Lincoln Waterstones later in August coming up soon…
Yes folks, it’s the 7-day countdown to the paperback publication of THE VISITORS.
- those lovely folk at historylivesathodder are posting some great stuff about the book over the next few days
- Wish List from Hodder will be posting some gorgeous images from the history behind the novel
- there will be a blog tour coming up next week
- an article on Just Write as well as a giveaway coming soon
- a book signing at Grimsby Waterstones and an evening event at Lincoln Waterstones in August
- Edinburgh International Book Festival appearance 23rd August and nomination for the First Book Award (have you voted yet?) https://www.edbookfest.co.uk/the-festival/first-book-award/vote?book=4911
- Goodreads and Twitter giveaways including free Visitors bookmarks coming over the summer.
More details will be forthcoming on Twitter and Facebook…
So if you’ve missed out on little Liza’s tale so far in hardback, follow her story in paperback, from next Thursday, 17th July; available in all good bookshops and online booksellers.
Thanks for reading xx :-)
Ticket sales for the Edinburgh International Book Festival opened this morning. So you can now book your tickets for any event, including mine with Debbie Taylor, ‘The Ghosts in our Heads’
REBECCA MASCULL & DEBBIE TAYLOR
Sat 23 Aug 3:30pm - 4:30pm
THE GHOSTS IN OUR HEADS
In Rebecca Mascull’s The Visitors, a Victorian-era girl who is both deaf and blind communicates only to the ghosts inside her mind until a new friend helps open up the world to her. Debbie Taylor’s Herring Girl features a 12 year old boy who believes he is female. When Ben goes under hypnosis, a terrifying series of truths emerge that will leave him changed forever. Chaired by Julia Eccleshare, children’s books editor for the Guardian.
Part of our First Book Award Nominee series of events.